All new houses should include solar panels
i think it would be a great idea if all new housing included solar panels. here are some facts
- Solar panels last a long time of up to 30 years
- it will lower your power bills to only a few dollars
- some of the power feeds back into the power line so the power company pays you
- these solar pannels cost $6000-$8000 and eventually will pay itself out
- they include long term batteries so unused power gets stored for winter
- never experiance another blackout
they would be a very good idea and if all new houses included solar panels i think it would save a lot of carbon emissions. well, what do you think of it?
also, wind power is very efficient here are some facts
- wind power is controlled by propellers ontop of hills which the wind spins them and they generate power
- they are often placed out on the seas becuase there is lots of wind, they are tall and they are also noisy.
- you need ~100 of these to power a small city.
- they often have wind farms with ~50 turbines which are placed far from the city and the power travells to you/power company so you don't need to hear them
- they will cut down carbon emissions.
also, to save trees instead of getting your bills by the mail, request e-billing where they email you your bill and save a lot of trees.
fact: did you know that in the amazon forest, a whole soccer feild of trees is cleared in 1 minute
Post what you think about those ideas.
Last edited by cycrosism : 01-13-2008 at 11:53 PM.